Collection & Use of Personal Information
What personal information we collect
- When you register for the Tap2Order service via the iPad app, we collect personal information such as your name & email address.
- When you send an order via one of the branded mobile web applications powered by Tap2Order, we collect your first name. If you ask the application to 'find your nearest store', we access your current location, but this is not transmitted to our servers.
How we use your personal information
- For paid or trial subscribers of the Tap2Order service, we use your name and email address to contact you regarding your account or update you on service changes and/or availability. We may also, from time to time, ask you for feedback on the service or let you know about other developments with the product.
- For mobile web app users, your name will be transmitted to the Tap2Order subscriber when you place the order, so that they can identify your order when you arrive.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information - data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- Browser/device capabilities, IP address, and other web-browsing activity collected via Google Analytics. This is shared with the relevant Tap2Order subscriber and is used to analyse usage and improve the application.
- Device identifiers, such as the device name and randomly generated access key (on the Tap2Order iPad app), and a randomly generated unique identifier in the mobile web applications. The iPad information is used as part of the device security model, and the mobile web id is used to correlate repeat orders for analysis.
Disclosure to Third Parties
In general, we will not disclose any personal information to third parties, with a few exceptions:
- Any end-user personal information collected via the mobile web applications may be made available to the corresponding Tap2Order subscriber.
- We will disclose personal information if legally required.
Protection of Personal Information
We take all reasonable precautions against unauthorised access or disclosure of personal information, including use of encryption/hashing where appropriate.
Access to Personal Information
You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. To do this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.